I’ve killed the beast - just finished it tonight.
Actually it was quite lovely. It would take a reread, but I think it may be among my favorites. Of course, holding to tradition, my favorite character died. But, c’est la vie.
My favorite passage:
What is love?…Love hinders death. Love is life. Everything, everything I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is connected only by that. Love is God, and to die—means that I, a part of love, return to the common and eternal source. (pg 984)
Tolstoy, you wonderful human being.
Gorgeous edition of War and Peace, and translated by the same people as my preferred edition of The Brothers Karamazov. Want!
My girlfriend just finished this big thing. It’s a challenging read from what I understand.
- starsinyoureyestonight likes this
- blairsantos92 reblogged this from thefalloftrilium
- kevinwoodland reblogged this from johnthelutheran and added:
- johnthelutheran reblogged this from thefalloftrilium and added:
- hank1 likes this
- themesmerisingone reblogged this from thefalloftrilium
- lagerthalothbrook reblogged this from thefalloftrilium
- thefalloftrilium posted this